Mortal Kombat X
Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Release Date: April 2015
Platform: PS4, XB1
As a team of two engineers primarily working on the UI there are not many screens in MKX that I haven’t worked on. From starting the greyboxed screen in Flash through the final version.
- Writing clean, readable and modifiable code for an iterative development cycle.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and gameplay engineers to implement functionality of the UI.
- Maintain and modify the Scaleform engine.
- Work extensively with existing UI systems, adding new features and clean up obsolete/broken features.
- Reworked the menu system and data structures in order to jump into any sub-menu while rebuilding it’s place in the hierarchy.
- Rebuilt the Move List and was able to include key features the artist had always wanted. Such as saving the page and line the cursor is on when going back to the game so that returning to the Move List shows your last location.
- Helped move the UI functionality from fully being script based to native C++.
- Crunched while taking classes and kept grades up.